Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Back to School

My oldest daughter, Emma, starts school today!
Can you tell I'm excited?  Probably more excited than her.  It's been a VERY long summer, .
I do love my girls, I absolutely do, but I also really relish fall and the back to school routine.
I bring out the fall recipes, start burning yummy smelling candles because fall is one of my favorite times of year in New England.  It starts at the end of August and stretches out until Mid-November.  It has beautiful crisp 70 degree days, with a little bit of wind and a little bit of chill.  It's perfect for throwing on a light sweater or vest while getting the kids out of the house.This is the perfect time to start thinking about the dreaded Christmas shopping.
When I only had 1 child I would start Christmas shopping right around now.  I would pick up 1 toy, piece of clothing, or stocking stuffer on my weekly trip to Target.  By the time November hit I was finished.  Sadly that doesn't work so well anymore.  I need to figure out a new system but since having Ella I haven't.  In fact, I've been more of a last minute do it all online shopper instead.
This year I plan to have things a bit more in order.  I plan on each child getting 2 pairs of pjs and 1 Christmas dress/outfit for pictures and Christmas Eve.  I also plan on getting each child 5 books and 4 toys.  I think that's more than enough.
I have already started cleaning out the girls closet and getting things in order.  I need to make a few trips to good will over the next few days to get rid of the clothes that no longer fit or aren't wearing well.  I also will be listing some items on local yard sale sites on Facebook.  I want to spend no more than $150 per kid this year.
Have you started the dreaded Christmas shopping yet?  Made a list?  Even thought about it?  Any tips and tricks?  Let me know in the comments.  I'd love to hear how others plan it out each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment