Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Doing My Best

My husband gave me some feedback on my blog today.  He said I am writing this blog the way I talk, as opposed to writing in good ol' proper english.  I told him I wanted it to come across as relational.  He said that's not even a word.
So I apologize if it seems like I'm being too stilted or not stilted enough.  I am still learning this blog thing and not 100% sure how to find my voice or get my points across in a way that is both me and yet screams I was a Journalism major.  I am in many ways a work in progress, as is my blog.
I don't really know how to make FICO scores and credit reports and applying for loans and everything else that goes along with money and credit all that interesting and so I guess I am just trying to figure that out.
In the past when I have tried writing blog posts I have always found them super boring and tedious.  Usually I end up giving up after a few days because I feel like I have no real content to share.  I mean, who really wants to hear about my kids for the umpteenth time?
Even when I thought about writing a blog about starting my own business as a Jamberry consultant I still found the material to be boring and superficial.  At least when it comes to credit and money I know a thing or two about it.  I actually feel like I am sharing something of value.
So please, bear with me as I figure this out.  My style isn't polished.  I haven't figured out how to write a blog post without sounding like a college kid in a composition class mixed in writing in their journal.  It will take me a while to find my voice.
I hope you will join me over at creditsavvydiva.com and the other ladies who have already joined me there.  I am looking forward to sharing my knowledge and expertise and hopefully being of value to you and others.
Finances are not easily discussed and I'm hoping to make it an easier conversation to be had.  

No comments:

Post a Comment