Wednesday, September 21, 2016

3 Ways to Invest in Yourself

I have had a virus or cold for the last 3 days and it needs to GO!

So I haven't been as on top of things I should be this past weekend and my blog posts are one of those things unfortunately.  But I wanted to provide some content this week, so I figured I'd hop on here and throw up a quick post about 3 ways you can invest in yourself with little to no money... see what I did there?

Self Help Books

Yes, I said it.  Self help books can help you invest in yourself.  There are books on how to lose weight, how to maintain relationships, how to raise your kids, how to do better in sales and how to invest money.  There are literally thousands of books that are all about helping you be a better version of you.  So if you struggle with something, go find a book to help yourself improve in that area.  Currently I am reading Valerie Burton's book, "Successful Women Think Differently."  It was a FREE  download on Amazon.com.  Seriously.  FREE.  I love that word. 

Courses and Training

If you want to get better at something you can find courses and trainings out there to help you to be better.  Just like with books, you can usually find a training on pretty much anything.  And there are tons of FREE resources out there.  But remember, many times with courses and trainings if you opt for the FREE version you are only getting a small piece of the pie.  You may need to actually invest money into these trainers and teachers in order to actually get the whole enchilada.  If you don't want to invest in a course or training then maybe consider listening to a podcast or TEDtalk and see if you can learn something there.  And many times you can find inexpensive courses and trainings out there that can help you to learn what you want to learn or get better at.  

Self Care

Now this may seem rather silly but it's important and you need to do it if you haven't been.  Self care can be anything from taking a walk by yourself for 5 minutes just to leave the house OR it can be indulging in a massage while the hubs watches the kids.  Self care is a vital part of investing in yourself and you need to do it.  After I had Lydia I had a hard time letting myself spend the money on massages, nail appointments or hair appointments.  I just didn't have the "time" to spend doing such things and I figured no one would notice.  But I noticed.  I noticed how I snapped more at my kids or how I didn't really like how I looked in the mirror or how I was just more tired and run down.  I wasn't taking care of myself.  My trips to the gym were infrequent or non-existent.  I wasn't taking time out for me.  So I've started making sure I book a massage appointment every few weeks to get out of the house and do something for me.  No kids, my phones turned off and it's just me time.  I'm not saying it has resolved everything I have on my plate but it does help to relieve some stress.  


No comments:

Post a Comment